, and its parent company
share four enduring values.
For nearly 100 years, the people of JSJ have been known by and for our enduring values. By committing these ideals to paper, we affirm their power to govern our relationships and direct our decisions.
- Personally earn the trust of colleagues, customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders, and your community in every interaction.
- Begin with trust, expecting people to act in good faith.
- Be open, fair and honest.
- Honor commitments and be accountable to each other, adult-to-adult.
Learn by Doing
- Have a bias toward action and look at every experience as a learning opportunity.
- Get results; a good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
- Be curious and continuously learn and grow.
- Seek out new challenges and take calculated risks.
- Lead by example and provide opportunities for others to learn.
- Be a team player; place our shared fate above personal ambition.
- Embrace a diversity of thinking and respect each person’s unique contribution.
- Create an environment free of fear, where healthy conflict leads to better solutions.
- Be open to the unknown and the possibility of being uncomfortable.
- Recognize others’ contributions to the team’s success.
Steward Our Legacy
- Preserve the legacy of our founders while reinventing the business for the next generation.
- Celebrate our shared heritage.
- Make a difference by creating something better than what you begin with.
- Invest in businesses, people, and communities for the long term.
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety, and our environment.
More About JSJ
Nearly 100 years old, JSJ Corporation is a mid-sized manufacturing company whose entrepreneurial roots run deep. Based in Grand Haven, Michigan, and established in 1919, JSJ actively invests in its people, its businesses and its communities.
JSJ businesses include Dake, GHSP, Hudson Technologies, izzy+, McLoone and Sparks Belting. From machine tools, automotive solutions and medical devices, to office furniture, metal name plates and conveyor belts, these businesses serve global customers ranging from startups to multinational corporations.
What does JSJ stand for? The name was created from the initials of the company’s founding families – the Jacobsons, Johnsons and Sherwoods. Their histories became forever entwined when our cornerstone business, Grand Haven Brass Foundry,burned to the ground. Together they rebuilt it. Ever since, these families bonded to build a resilient culture that embraces earning trust, working together, learning by doing and stewarding the company legacy.
Both new and experienced team members find a welcoming environment at JSJ. We place a high value on talent, leadership and making a positive difference for future generations.
Ormond Beach, fl 32174