Votran Service Interruptions During Bike Week 2020.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Every year Bike Week brings heavy traffic to Volusia County, and this year is no different. Votran, the countywide public transit system, has released a list of route delays/deviations that will be in effect starting today through March 16, 2020.
“Votran does expect to incur detours and route deviations. The best way for riders to stay informed of delays or deviations is to download the myStop mobile app or sign up for real-time service alerts at Votran.org.” says Steve Sherrer, the Votran General Manager, “Votran riders are encouraged to plan their trips in advance.”
From March 11- 15 Votran will not be using the intermodal transit facility at the ocean center. Night and Sunday service will operate from the Transfer Plaza from March 11 to 15.
Route Deviations Include:
- Routes 1, 18 and 19 will make service stops on State Road A1A.
- Route 3 will not serve Riverside Drive between Second and Third streets.
- Route 8 will make service stops on Halifax Avenue.
- Route 11 will experience service interruptions and detours. Buses will use U.S. 1 from Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to Fairview Avenue.
- Route 17A/B outbound will be unable to use Main Street beginning March 8. It will use the International Speedway Boulevard Bridge in both directions.
- Route 18 inbound, from State Road A1A, will use Seabreeze Boulevard to Mason Avenue and U.S. 1 to the Votran Transfer Plaza.
- Routes 18 and 19 will not serve Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Daytona Beach International Airport.
- Route 60 will run a regular route.
- Route 1 will use International Speedway Boulevard to State Road A1A and will end at Vining Court and Granada Boulevard. There will be no service on the Granada Bridge.
- Routes 3, 4 and 10 (night and Sunday) will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard, Beach Street and Michigan Street to Fairview Avenue outbound and inbound.
- Route 15 will use Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard to Beach Street.
- Route 17 will use International Speedway Boulevard to State Road A1A. The route will end at Raymond Avenue and South Atlantic. There will be no service on the Dunlawton Bridge.